Some not all of these seminars will be part of the Elite CX Camp
- Mental skills training: Athletes will learn, reflect and discuss internal attributes of the well-rounded athlete, performance strategies, overcoming adversity on and off the bike, and creating positive social and emotional habits
- Goal setting: process and product oriented goals: Athletes will learn, reflect and discuss personal goals on and off the bike. They will understand the difference between process and product oriented goals, and consider the implementation of those goals across a racing season.
- Teamwork on and off the bike: Successful bike racers rely on their team for support and encouragement. Success on a team depends on excellent communication, self-awareness, patience and humility. Camp athletes will learn and practice successful team member strategies.
- Organization of time, thinking and materials: pre-race preparedness (what to put in your race bag, your calendar and your head): Organization for bike racers encompasses much more than race day readiness. Athletes will understand their personal learning style: linear/sequential or visual/spatial, and how that affects personal organization. Athletes will make a plan for personal organization based ontheir learning style.
- Personal and team marketing and presence: Athletes will understand appropriate and inappropriate social media presence in terms of photos, language, hashtags, frequency, etc.
- Functional Strength Training: mobility, flexibility and strength: Successful bike racers integrate a routine of functional training in their schedules. Athletes will practice and receive suggested routines for mobility and balance, flexibility and strength.
- Nutrition: Campers will hear from a sports nutritionist on successful dietary practices, on and off the bike. They will identify eating habits that will support success, and understand their individual nutritional needs. The dietary options at the camp will support positive eating habits.